Sunday 28 April 2013

Chapter five: The Final Blow

Before I write this chapter, I would just like to say a massive thank you to anyone who has read/retweeted my blog, it means so much to have my voice heard. I hope that this helps anyone going through similar situations. The sad thing is that you're not alone. I want my story to make an impact and show that things like this can't happen again. So Thank you for supporting me.

Chapter five


"I'm worried about my safety, are you going to listen to me?"
"NO."

I was actually shellshocked, why was Victor lying? Surely that would affect his 'sparkling reputation' Dan advised me that if I wanted to my team privately I needed to do so soon. He sent me documents so I could write my own contracts/adverts/become an employer in my own right. 

I rang Victor, I asked him when he was planning to withdraw as I was building my own team and needed to know dates for the new employees. He kept saying that he would withdraw when the time was right and that I shouldn't question him. Unbelievable. He STILL wasn't cooperating. How was I supposed to plan. And to make things harer it was two weeks before the Christmas Break. I needed to know what was going to happen. The next day I rang again.

The conversation soon turned hostile (like always) I told him so many times that I was worried about being left with no care. I asked him to listen repeatedly. He refused. He even explicitly said NO. In a way as much as the situation was frustrating  he was playing up to what i'd been saying all along. I was finally winning.      

That day, I decided to look the company up on CQC website, However unlike most companies they were not listed in the conventional way. instead the CEO's name was used. Suspicious? Anyway I had done this a month previous and was shocked by my findings. 

The first report I had seen had 'crosses' relating to do they respect the clients wishes and their dignity. When I opened the full report I read incidences remarkably similar to my own. This company was evil. It prayed on the vulnerable. However this time (one month later) told a different story. Gleaming reports. What? How can this be?

I knew for a fact that CARE only had 4 clients (one being the CEO) and that my university had been in contact with CQC regarding CARE as I was soon to find out that Victor was notoriously known across the campus for being aggressive, disrespectful and a bully. - This was even before I was a client.

My disability advisor Ben had told me a few weeks previous that Victor was known to the CQC and there was even an officer investigating CARE. So how in the new report did CARE have such good reviews? I rang the CQC and explained my concerns.

I explained that CARE had only 4 clients and that if I had been asked for experiences the report woud have had a totally different outcome. And that I also knew that a CQC investigation was supposed to b underway, The guy I spoke to told be that the two clients that they did interview were happy so based on that information CARE had passed the investigation. This left me thinking, I thought the CQC were supposed to prevent these kind of situations from happening? Could they do more?      

Meanwhile with Victor he still hadn't gave me date and time was running thin. Dan rang me and asked me if I could go to a safeguarding meeting regarding Victor, I jumped at the chance, well not literally.

There was still no date and no rota had been uploaded regarding the shifts for the following week. So I rang Victor. Again. I asked him whether it was possible for him to withdraw on the day that I was due to be going home for Christmas. He again was difficult. " I will withdraw when I'm ready." He kept saying. So hang on, the man that wanted me gone, was keeping hold? It was Thursday I was going home in 9 days with no idea about what care I was going to receive and when. 

Next day, Louise was on shift and was as curious as I to find out what was going on in my final week. Louise had also handed in her notice of resignation due to the fact that CARE hadn't even had the decency to inform her that they were withdrawing services and it was left to me to tell her. The other two employees on my team were being retrained to work with another client.      

She rang Victor to ask him what was going on. He was put on speakerphone. He told Louise that she should not tell him how to run his business despite the fact she was only asking what shifts she was working from Monday. So we decided to take matters in to our own hands.

CARE use a website that is similar to some kind of file sharing, where the client and their team can view Shift Rotas and other documents. When we logged in we noticed that all previous documents had been deleted.

We uploaded our own rota that had the final shift with CARE as the Saturday Morning. (going home day) We knew it would annoy him but I was getting no where. I logged on a few hours later to find that my rota had been deleted and Victor had uploaded one that had the last shift as Thursday. Two days before the date that me and Dan thought would be acceptable.

........ 

Next Time: SAFEGUARDING

see you then Bea x  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment