Wednesday 8 May 2013

Chapter Six : Out and gone ... (for now)

Hey,

Thank you to all the people who have read my story, I have had more than an overwhelming response. I plan that one day I can make a difference. The more I blog, the more I want to unveil CARE's true identity and also my true identity. Anyway here is the latest instalment. 

Chapter Six

So Victor had decided he wanted to withdraw two days before my requeste date that Dan had also agreed. So Thursday came, this was it last day at CARE. After Louise's shift Adam* (a team leader for the other client's team) knocked on my door. I answered.

He asked me if he could tak the Care File and return it to Victor. I said no. This file contained my personal information and I was well within my right to keep the file. He then BEGGED me to give it to him, saying that I should just o what Victor asks otherwise i'd get in trouble. Adam left.

The irony was that Victor wanted me to play along despite the at he was more than prepared to leave without care, at risk, not complying to his duties as a care director, it was a joke. Louise got a text. Victor.

Can you please tell Beatrice to return her care file to Adam, as it is CARE property. If you or she do not do so, the police will be phoned and it will be regarded as theft.

I can actually not tell you how much this made me laugh. The sheer suggestion of Polie being phoned was pitiful. Did I return the care file? no I didn't! instead I copied each and every page of the most innacurate document because I knew I wanted to proceed with a case against CARE even though I was out. 

The next day Louise agreed to come in and help me get up despite all the threats from Victor about suing. The weekend past, Finally the safeguarding meeting had arrived. 

The chairman of the meeting seemed somewhat pleased that the meeting was happening, then he revealed a shocking truth. This wasn't the first case against Victor or CARE. In fact I was the fourth victim. Same pattern of abuse. I was sickened. How was this being allowed to happen? Well here's how....

CARE (Victor) generally deal with people who have life limiting conditions and people who are in receipt of Direct Payment. (DP)

To be in receipt of DP you have to prove that you are in a state of mind that understands the responsibilities that DP carries, I.e you are in charge of the service rather than Social Services and that you foot the bill for the service. CARE promise to 'assist their clients with this process'.. So when something goes wrong the argument is that the client e.g me is of sound mind to get involved with the company and that CARE strive to involve clients in every aspect of care. 

However, this does not work. As Victor fiddles with invoices and documents to make it look like you've agreed and it is REALLY hard to disprove this and relate it to a break in the law. 

There is a case against Victor that was made public and the case was dropped. If someone is not convicted you can not use it against them, So Victor was and is a clever stupid man who knows how to cover his tracks.

At the meeting it had become clear that people wanted Victor to be stopped. It was up to me to take the company down. The stories I told made the people at the meeting recoil in horror. The chairman Mike* was really determined to take Victor down but needed me to make a stand.

So I was put in contact with Trading Standards and my officer believes I may have a fair chance at getting justice. 

UPDATE: I did a google search last night and noticed that CARE were shortlisted as a finalist at the 2013 Accolades Care Awards. You have to be kidding.

Until Next Time Bea x    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment