Tuesday 9 April 2013

CHAPTER THREE


A quick note: sorry i haven't blogged in a while living a busy life these days. But here is Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE. 'A LONG TIME COMING'

So the police were now investigating the case which gave me such a big relief now I wasn't fighting this alone. However behind the scenes it was about to get worse.

Victor had called a meeting with all my team members to discuss 'issues'. However despite earlier reassurances that CARE 'were very open with clients' I was not invited to attend this meeting. This raised alarm bells in my head. After convincing the team I found out where the meeting was being held i decided to turn up there. 

After a few moments of begging to be let in, I saw team member Louise* come down the stairs in tears. I knew something was wrong....

A little bit about Louise: Louise was first team member to be employed after Sophie leaving. During her interview (which I was a part of) I remember the interview being very intrusive, He asked a lot of personal questions and also questions about being a leader. This was very uncomfortable. After her interview Victor asked me what I thought and I expressed feelings of uncertainty as I knew that Victor was a very difficult person and I wasn't sure whether Louise could cope.

Victor explained that Louise was very mouldable and she could be turned into the perfect CARE employee. which of course meant puppet.

... After seeing Louse like that I 'walked' home and spoke to her about what happened. She had told me that she was intimidated by Victor as he urged her to tell him personal information that was not relevant to him. 

This was no surprise. Whilst being with CARE, I was always told i had to be 'open' with them. And by when I say open I mean about everything. Had to tell them when i was going to the doctors, what the doctor said, when I was in ANY type of pain (including period pain) It all   had to be reported to Victor against my own wishes.

In a bittersweet way I was glad that Victor had upset Louise n this way as it meant that I was no longer alone. His unorthodox ways were not just paranoia. He was wrong.

The next day I phoned my Social Worker to update him about the situation. He strongly advised me to have Sophie back working for me, along side CARE. As I was on Direct Payment I had the right to decrease hours with CARE if I wasn't happy. 

That day i knew Victor was holding another meeting with my team so I wrote a document to give to him and I waited in the reception of the hotel where he refused to meet me...


Until Next Time 

BEA xx  


No comments:

Post a Comment