Sunday 24 March 2013

Chapter two (Part one)

"Everything that looks like a Rose has a Thorn"

Well I guess this is where I should tell my story. Well, like I said before I have carers to support me in my daily life. It was about this time last year that I decided to change my care provider as the current care package wasn't fitting around my life. Then there was a solution.

I was approached by a care company where I was studying at University in Portsmouth. (for safety purposes I can not name the provider, so for the purpose of the blog I will name them CARE.) 

When CARE approached me they were already providing support for a student who lived in the halls where I was living. The support worker Mark* explained what services CARE provided and whether I would be interested. I passed my details on as it seemed like a good option. 

Within a few days I was in touch with the Care Director, Victor* after a couple of phone calls with Victor he came to visit me in Portsmouth with his colleague, Sue*. Full of nervous butterflies I was looking forward to the possibility of getting out of my rigid routine. 

I was promised the life I always wanted with CARE- support when I needed and more importantly INDEPENDANCE. The first few weeks encountered a few hiccups but a part from that things were looking up. 

I noticed a few unorthodox methods with CARE but I was just hoping that things were going to improve- like I was promised. It first started with the joint back account and the demand that I must stay in Portsmouth over the summer so new carers could train. Despite the unreasonable requests I agreed to stay with company as I was SO desperate to leave my current care.

During the summer I met my first new member of 'my own' care team, she was a lot of fun & we got on brilliantly. She was a part of my team along with carer Sophie* who I carried over from my old care company- which was fab :)

As the summer drew to close and the new term was due to begin, the cracks started to show, alarm bells in my head were ringing so loudly it was deafening. Victor and Sue were controlling me. I had to justify everything I EVER did, shopping, beauty routines, what TV I watched, I had to literally Beg to visit my family for a few days. I was cracking under the pressure. Life wasn't the same anymore.

Then it got worse.

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment