Friday 22 March 2013

Chapter one

"THERE'S NO BEGINNING OR END..."

So I'm Beatrice, 22. You may be wondering why I'm writing a blog or who I am. Well the answer to that is a mystery at the moment. All I know is that I'm 'disabled' in the eyes of society and have a lot to say about life...

I never wanted my disability to become 'a part' of my life even though it affects the way a live everyday, I wanted to 'beat it' if that was even possible. I am a wheelchair user with Cerebral Palsy & Scoliosis. Before 12 months ago I had the most 'normal' life possible. Well, as normal as can be expected. But that all changed.

There's no beginning or end to this story, just moving from one bad situation to another. Little did I know this was going to change me forever. Due to the extent of my disability I require care to live life to the full. Eurgh, terribly chiche I know. I'm guessing that unless you have been living under  rock, you would of heard some kind of horror story about the care sector but I never dreamt in a million years that I would be a star of my own horror story.

So how did I end up in the situation? The once feisty, go getting, loud girl ending up in what I can only describe as the Natzi care company. Conned.

The reason I have chosen to tell my story is that I feel I need to raise awareness to help people in my situation. All I wanted was independence.

Over the next few posts I will be speaking up about the experience that changed my life.    

Until Then

Bea x

No comments:

Post a Comment